Jump to the content zone at the center
1. VISA:
If foreign workers have received an employment permit from the Ministry of Labor (MOL), foreign workers should visit Taiwan’s representative offices in home country and apply for a visa. If foreign workers arrived in Taiwan before being issued an employment visa, foreign workers need to visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Bureau of Consular Affairs is open from 08:30 to 17:00, no lunch break, Monday to Friday (closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays).
2. Alien Resident Certificate :
Within 15 days upon arrival, foreign workers need to bring all necessary documents to the National Immigration Agency (NIA) service stations in city/county and apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC). NIA service stations are open from 08:00 to 17:00 (no lunch break), Monday to Friday.
3. Tax :
In one calendar year (January 1 to December 31), if foreign workers work in Taiwan no more than 183 days, then will be taxed as a “non-resident” at 18%. If foreign workers work in Taiwan more than 183 days (for example, if start working prior to July 1 to the end of the year without leaving the Country), then the income from the work in Taiwan is taxable.
4. Consumer Rights:
If foreign workers encounter a consumer dispute with a commodity purchase or service with business owner, foreign workers may file complaints against the concerned business enterprise, contact the Consumer Service Center of city or municipality, or the Consumer Protection Group, or simply call consumer service line 1950 for consultation.

Contact  information:
  1. (02) 2343-2888
  2. (02) 2388-9393
  3. 0800-000-321
  4. (02)3356-6500